Tuesday, November 26, 2013



Brian Robinson

11-15-13

value essay

The

True Value


In my life there are things that i hold dear and things that i don't really care about one of those this are my shoes you hear people talk all the time about their so called “shoe game’’ and i say to them”why buy a 500$ pair of shoe just to look at them and wear them once and never wear them again like what the heck you could save that money and buy something important. like food I mean food cost like 300$ now just to feed a family of four. Then there is some other things like my xbox and ps3 I mean I do like them but sometimes there a pain in the butt.


Another thing that i don't really care about is my xbox and ps3 i think that in the future when i will get new consoles i will appreciate the moment wasted to keep my little feeble mind entertained for a few hours. im not like those kid who use it for 24 hours 7 days a week i just use it when i really board. But the main reason I don't like them is because they have a lot of hidden fees that I don't know about like they have fees for games and for running it I mean when I try and buy stuff I get really worried that they will throw in a lot of cost and hidden fees that I don't know about you just can trust big companies like Microsoft and Sony but what do we do we give them our credit cards and cell phone numbers mean that is something I will never understand


one other thing that i could live without is homework because i learn a lot in school so i really don't think i NEED the homework also if you don't understand the subject material in class why would you get it out of class that is why I have some bad grade in my classes is because I don't understand the regular criteria. I'm not trying to point fingers but in all my math classes have always had a c or below and that I have really low grade it's because I don't get it and I just get mad because I try really hard and I don't get the grade I should. Ugh


there are thing that are precious to me like hockey and not just the game i play but the sport as a whole i love playing hockey and it can be a pain sometimes but i do love working out with my team and I really enjoy doing my best and working until I can't walk everyday i really need to work on my shot though.


Another thing in life that I love is the moment when I get in the shower after a sport and the hot water hits me body and I just feel clean I love it it's the best part of hockey and the only time it's better is when I bought mcdonalds and I got a soda and while I'm relaxing in the shower I drink my soda and I feel at zen


But the best thing in my life is my family because I would be nowhere without my parents they do annoy me sometimes I love them because they push me to be my best and I understand that they try there best but they sometimes don't understand how hard others work. which i admit can get annoying sometime but they know that i will work hard all the time thats why i appreciate them

4 comments:

  1. The author is valuing hockey in what he wrote, he is also valuing his time in the shower when he just finishes a sports game. Also he likes Mcdonalds. Lol. THe best thing he seems to be valuing is his family, he loves them and knows he cannot be without them. The most clear object that is valued in this is the shower, the way he describes the way the water hits his body. The overall strength in this essay would have to be the organization he has his paragraphs on what he values and what he doesnt value. He makes it clear which paragraph is which. Some advice I would give is to add detail into your writing. Its very vague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author is saying that he values hockey as his favorite thing. He also values the small things. He describes everything he values.The thing that the author values the most is his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This author is talking about how he values hockey. But doesn't value thing like other people as in their shoes. Or how others value ps3 systems and their Xbox. he mainly describes how he values his family. The most clearly described was how he described taking showers after hockey games. Something the author needs to improve was the body paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His ps3 is a small thing he values that is small.

    ReplyDelete